Google

Sunday 17 December 2006

Berlioz

When I was at College I chose to study Hector Berlioz. I know this has nothing to do with the piano, but at College we were given a rounded musical education. I attained my Piano Teacher's L.R.A.M. at the Royal Acadamy of Music, and afterwards went to a Teacher's Training College so that I could teach general music in schools.

Have you heard Berlioz' Roman Carnival Overture? I'm surprised how many people haven't. It's not long, but it is brilliant. The orchestration is wonderful - as Berlioz' orchestration always is, and it has momentum. It illustrates the great atmosphere of a Roman Carnival.

A CD with Berlioz' Roman Carnival would be a great Christmas present for someone. Even if they aren't really 'into' classical music they should enjoy this!

No comments: